Dear Married Life,
Oh how you pass me by so quickly.
Our 1 year is quickly approaching and it feels as though it has been seconds.
Truth be told, I was warned.
But that didn’t make it any easier to comprehend.
As I recall the different experiences you have brought me-
the good, the bad, the mediocre, the incredible, I feel an impulsive desire to never forget these memorable moments.
Memories like our first camping trip and realizing that a sleeping bag would have made a big difference,
our first Olympic triathlon where Cory smoked all competitors and finished just 45 minutes behind the winner and I…, well I finished (we’re pretty, ah hem, even competitors),
a mud run that turned us into muddy messes,
our first athletic class (tennis) as a married couple instead of dating and meeting (volleyball) where Cory performed his first act of spousal abuse by serving 90 mph into my arm,
great conference seats compliments of Cory’s mission president,
the first of many more birthdays together as husband and wife,
a Halloween party with friends,
Ragnar Relay Las Vegas where, once again, Cory dominated when he ran up a 10 mile mountain,
Baby blessings and time with family,
Getting back to our place of engagement and enjoying the pretty lights there,
A missionary goodbye to my brother,
A cousin’s baptism,
Trip home for our very first married Christmas and then coming back to see the Nutcracker,
And trips together that help us remember why we love the sun.
This husband of mine...we have experienced almost every emotion together.
happiness
tears
joy
regret
peacefulness
content
forgiveness
frustrations
unconditional love
Yet, at the same time, I feel as though we haven't even begun to scrape the surface.
How do we make sure that we are making the most of every second we have together?
How do we make sure that we don't take this wonderful life of ours for granted?
How do we ensure that we are not living for tomorrow to only create "empty yesterdays..." (President Thomas S Monson)
There are times when we both do or say something we shouldn't. There are times when we don't treat each other for who we really are and take into account the potential that both of us have.
But those are so few and so far between. And I am married to someone who is humble, charitable, and loves unconditionally. Mainly I realize that I am blessed. I see how the simple parts of marriage, which can seem so mundane, bring the peace and joy that all of us seek for. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of what really brings joy.
Car rides,
cleaning together,
greeting each other (especially after long days),
running together,
“sleep-overs” in our living room,
scaring each other,
cooking together,
eating together,
cuddling together,
soaking up the sun together,
shopping together,
being competitive together,
laughing together,
teasing each other,
and ending each day knowing that I’m sleeping next to the greatest source of happiness ever.
"It is so rewarding to be married. Marriage is wonderful. In time you begin to think alike and have the same ideas and impressions. You have times when you are extremely happy, times of testing, and times of trial, but the Lord guides you through all of those growth experiences together." Elder Richard G. Scott
So I thank you, married life, for bringing me joys that I had never experienced before.
Love,
Bree






















2 comments:
did i tear up a little? maybe. ;) this is such a sweet post. make sure cortland reads it. love you guys!! i hope todd and i will be as happy as you two cuties.
This is so cute! I am so glad that you are so happy and that you and Cory have so much fun together! Also,seeing all the sweet races you guys do together makes me jealous. I want to start doing that kind of stuff!
Post a Comment