Sunday, August 26, 2012

Homeless

We are loving it out here in Ann Arbor!  Sometimes I still wake up and wonder where I am, but that's because living in Michigan is still so surreal.  We are slowly adjusting to the humidity.  The weather is pretty unpredictable, but when the sun does shine, it's pretty hot (in fact, as I was writing this, our day of 90 degree hot weather, just turned into a rainy night. Odd.).  Our favorite thing so far about living here is biking/driving around and finding the most beautiful houses down the prettiest back roads.  It is so green and lush here that even not in rural places, you can find some gorgeous roads and sights.  We also just found a pretty awesome nature trail a couple miles from where we live, so we now have a go to running loop.  We have our moments of missing familiar faces and places, but we really are adjusting to our new life here. All we need to do now is move into our home... That's right. We're still homeless.  We bounced around from motel, ward member's houses, and a distant friend, but as of August 31st we will be moved into our place (which is amazing, considering that we moved out on July 31st from our place in Provo).  We hope to get in and make it homey enough by the time Cory has school -in two weeks! Yikes! Can't wait to show pictures!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

As I was reading this I got a little sick to my stomach, almost like homesickness but for people? for you guys--make sense? it just hit me you guys really moved away...i think I was thinking of it more as a little vaca and that you'd be back soon.

Let's skype soon! I don't want Owen to forget two of his favorite people in the world!!

Can't wait to see pics of your place!!


Post a Comment