Hey team blogosphere!
I think it's about time that the World Wide Interwebs be exposed to the innerworking of my brain. So, in the spirit of Abbey and Taylor's blog (aandtzmoos.blogspot.com/ [like 2 weeks ago or something]), I thought I would also update y'all as to what's going on in my life. Bree has done a terrific job of keeping everyone up to date, so you all know that she is busy working her butt off taking 19 credits and working 20 hours/week on campus. She's amazing at what she does. She still finds time to come home and hang out with me, and pretend like her life is still as loosey-goosey as it was in the Summer.
I quit my job at Wells Fargo Bank. All told, I worked there for about 18 months. The majority of my time there was as a teller, which I really enjoyed for the most part. Then I was promoted to be a banker when I graduated, and did that for about 3 months. After 3 months I realized I wasn't loving what I was doing, where I was doing it, or for whom I was doing it. As I had gradually grown more and more dissatisfied with that position, I was looking all around trying to find 'my calling' in life. I had some cool experiences that lead me to the realization that I want to work in healthcare administration. I've always, always wanted to work in healthcare, but I've also always, always known that I don't have the brainpower to become a doctor. But my degree lends itself well to the field of healthcare administration, and I'm in a good spot to be able to start down that road right now. So, realizing, of course, that Wells Fargo Bank was not a good place to start a healthcare career, I called it quits and embarked upon a new journey.
I kinda jumped without a chute, because I hadn't landed myself a new job yet, but I am confident I'll find something enjoyable rather quickly. In the meantime, I'm studying hard for the GMAT so that I can get in to an MHA program (Master's of Healthcare Administration) and get going with my graduate degree. Right now the two schools we are most interested in are Arizona State University and THE Ohio State University. Taylor would also be sad if I didn't mention that Iowa is an option. I'm taking the GMAT at 8:00 am on December 14th. So wish me luck.
On Tuesday I will be going in to Lifetree Clinical Research and taking part in a 10-day study where I take a pain killer and they monitor my vitals 3-6 times each day. I'll be in lockdown for 10 days, but will be paid $2,825 for doing it. It's perfect for me, since I'll have 10 days to study uninterrupted for the GMAT, and I'll be able to finish all of my grad school applications as well. It's going to be dope.
Bree just finished making dinner, so I'm out like a trout. Forgive my typoes, I haven't typed on a computer for like 3 weeks. It's great. Also, I bought Modern Family Season 2 on DVD...I pre-ordered it before it came out. Picked it up at 10:00 am the day it came out. Very happy about that.
Love,
Cory
Crockpot Cowboy Casserole
5 days ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment