Thursday, January 24, 2013

"How many outs Brian?" "GRAPE!"

"...I'm gonna get grape, or cherry. They're both... favorites, so either one is good, but if they have both, I'll get grape, because grape is a little more favorite. But if they don't have grape it's like alright its fine, cause cherry's favorite anyway. It's like another favorite, but not as much. Not as much favorite. But they're both good. They're both good." The second baseman was always tryin' to help me out. "Hey, Brian move that way a little." "Okay." I don't know what gave him the authority to tell me that. "Oh, here? Oh, right here? Oh, over there, okay. This is where I was!" I remember he'd always tell me. "Two away, Brian! Two away!" "Uhhh..okay. "Brian! Two away!" "You too!"

That's right. We went to see Brian Regan on the 19th!  It was our first time getting to see him, and I have to say, it was worth the wait.  We never were able to get to shows in Salt Lake because they were either sold out, or too expensive, but getting to experience it at the old Fox Theatre in Detroit was amazing.  It was opened in 1928 and still has all of that old Detroit grandeur that we used to hear about.  While it's beautiful on the outside, the second we stepped into the building our heads were on a swivel.  We couldn't stop exclaiming over every little detail that caught our eye!  And there was a lot of detailed work done.  The ceiling alone could have sufficiently held our focus and scrutiny, but then there was a beautiful grand staircase, intricately shaped statues, and exquisite artwork.  
Isn't my date handsome??
We climbed a few flights of stairs (reality started to sink in then, we weren't some rich plantation owners visiting from the south. We were still a pregnant, starving student couple who had to get the cheap seats.), got to our seats, and sat with our mouths gaping. 

This is the actual theater room.
It was even prettier inside the theater hall! Luckily, we got there early so we were able to sit and gawk for about half an hour more before the opening act started.  He did a good job, but Brian Regan was amazing!  My poor squeezed bladder was barely withstanding how much I was laughing, and there were a few times when both Cory and I had to massage our cheeks/jaws because we were in constant laugh mode.  When it ended, we consoled ourselves with quotes from the show (we had just seen) on our walk back to our car.  
[As a side-note, the Fox Theatre is beautiful and "opulent" (Cory's favorite word of the night because it was so fitting for everything), but it's still in sketchy downtown Detroit and we still had to walk back a mile to our car on side streets with steamy man holes everywhere.  Don't think that this night was all unicorns and flowers for me...  I'm such a chicken. :) ]  

We missed you, +Nelson Mishler ! You would have died laughing. 


1 comments:

Rachel U said...

that theater sounds beautiful!!! you look gorg you pretty prego you!!!!

Post a Comment