In time we will get this whole blogging thing down and be able to fill you all in with what we've been up to. But it's just not yet! We had a great weekend in Arizona, and that will be coming for your reading pleasure soon! Meanwhile I'll just let you know that Cory is such a strong manly man. This is not something I just found out, of course (but there was a time when he stood
crouched and quivering behind his friend, Skyler, as they confronted neighbors, but that's all in the past!), but last night he was able to prove it to me some more.
 |
| This picture is a part of his not so brave days. I made him ride the stratosphere with me, which I'm obviously maniacally very happy about. He did not like it one bit. Hahaha! It still makes me laugh! |
We spent a little longer with our friends, Todd and Rachel, for our usual Modern Family night and got home around midnight. I went straight up to bed and Cory apparently had a couple of Fritos and then came up. After shutting off our bedroom light I realized that the entryway light had been left on. Being awesome, Cory went downstairs and shut it off. I asked him if the door was locked too, it wasn't so he said he would lock it. Then he must have gotten distracted trying to throw things through our little cut-out "Juliette" window thing that opens up our room to the downstairs, because it apparently did not get locked! This became apparent when he was awoken by the noise of a creaking door. But you know when you're sleeping and get woken up and you can't tell if you heard what you think you did? That happened. So as he laid there listening he started to hear footsteps and more noises. I'm so glad I wasn't awake. Since he's so strong and brave he decided to go investigate. I can just picture him turning every corner ready to ultimate punch/kick whoever was there. Then he found our front door wide open. I would have stopped right there just to go clean up the pee in my pants. But he didn't have to!
 |
| He is fierce. |
After closing it and
finally locking it, he then made sure that nobody was in our house, came back upstairs, locked our bedroom door, and safely secured it by stuffing his two shoes under the door. I'm sure it would have thwarted even the toughest criminal. {wink!} I'm sure his heart was racing for another hour, but luckily it had just been the wind that somehow blew it open! I'm very glad he heard it (I'm
dead once my eyes close not the lightest sleeper ever, so I never heard a thing) or else our door would have been open all night! Anyway, I think he's awesome. And so brave. Maybe I'm easy to please. Or maybe he's just really really cool. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment