Wednesday, March 16, 2011

a little perspective.

Well I am feeling much better now! Still have a nasty cough, but I'm getting through it. However, all of my little woes have been pushed aside lately as I am being forced to gain a little perspective in my life.
First it started with the tragedy in Japan. The more I read about it, the more I realize how lucky I am to have this roof over my head, food in my belly, and my loved ones all safe and sound.
Then today, more perspective came when I received a text from my mom with a picture of one of their cars top down on the asphalt. The whole front was smashed into the road with the driver's side window showing little resemblance of what it should look like.
The driver's side window.
 The text said "Marissa(my sister)'s accident-she's O.K." What?? What kind of message is that? "O.K." could mean any number of not okay things! My stomach immediately started hurting because a rock somehow got in there and dropped down. She then sent two more of  pictures of the car that were doing the opposite of making that feeling go away. I called Marissa and she told me a story of how she slid out into a ditch and flipped the car. She then had to unbuckle herself, pull the floor mat "down" from the floor to get out of the shattered glass window, and called our dad.

 Luckily she was totally fine, besides maybe some emotional damage (she's a hair school girl, so she has an abundance of emotions ;), but it really got me thinking. It could have easily been a phone call, instead of a text, that I got at work that let me know some worse news. Or she could have just forgotten to put her seat belt on! Anyway, it really was a reminder of how finite this life is and that I need to make sure my relationships and actions are what I focus on the most. So, although I'm sure it's going to be terrible for my parent's pocketbook, it was a great reminder for me. I'm glad you're safe, Babes! I love you!
On a lighter note, I saved a total of $43.77 today on groceries! I had to make two separate trips just because my day got so much better after the first receipt. It was awesome. It was so worth the 1/2 hour I spent (getting paid) at work looking up coupons and deals and such. I absolutely love deals.
Booyah! :)
 Cory is currently taking a test right now while I am watching I'm watching HGTV House Hunters. Love it. I thought I would also include a special treat for anyone who chooses to follow us (Lindsey's the best!), you'll get to see more pictures like these...  

Dun dun dun dunnn!!!! (He's not going to be very happy with me:)

Yes-that is a pore strip. If only that accounting book was a Woman's Day magazine.
This is what we do when Utah winters drag on too long...
So many to choose from, so little space! 


I'm so glad you all loved our little blog! The comments made me so excited!! It makes it easier to write more instead of feeling like I'm just writing to the internet Gods. So thank you!

3 comments:

Collin and Traci said...

Wow! i totally would have been terrified getting that picture message. im glad your sis is ok. and im SO glad u put up the pore picture. haha. can't wait to play with u guys soon.

Marilee said...

Your grandma just called me about the car accident. That is a miracle that she is OK. So glad you are getting better and that your life is FUN! You two are so cute together!

Sarah said...

Ah, Bree! I love your blog! And I love deals, too! I'm pretty impressed by those receipts. You will have to show me your tips and tricks because I don't like buying anything without it being on sale, clearance, or with a coupon. I think it drives Josh crazy, until he sees how much money we save!

Post a Comment