Our sofa bed.
Last night Cory surprised me with a surprise birthday dinner/party! I'm so lucky to be married to such a sneaky, handsome, wonderful guy. Oh yeah! And to be surrounded by so many great friends and family members! :)
I blame my sickness on my lack of sleep this weekend. If anyone knows me, they know that I am like a Grandma when it comes to sleeping. I need 8 hours to function and at least 2 of those have to be before midnight to count. :) I know, pathetic. But it keeps me healthy!
However, it was worth it to lose the sleep because we got to spend some time visiting with Cory's family and his brother, Kyle, who just got home from his mission in Germany! Everyone was so proud of him. It made me miss my own brother who is serving in Nicaragua right now-he's awesome.
As un-festive as it's been around here today, there have been some things that have warmed my soul. I was sleeping soundly when I heard a bell ringing in my dreams. Then a knock. By the next ring I realized that it was the doorbell! I groggily got myself off of the sofa bed and made it to the door in time to have this lovely basket delivered to me!
My family is the best. I just loved getting this so much! Thanks Mom and Dad!
The other things that have made my day are:
This guy.
This DELICIOUS cake-even though I can't eat it today, it's still beautiful!

And this gem. From my wonderful friend, Rachel. I love her.
Now let's see if I can get Cory to tear his eyes away from ESPN and write a little note to our future readers... Oh wait. It's Family Guy. This may never happen.
Yeah, it was ESPN, but then the Lakers were winning, so I switched it. Now I'm watching an old Christmas episode of Family Guy. It's from the earliest seasons. It reminds me so much of all the hours and hours and hours and hours of time Blake, Skyler and I spent watching FG and memorizing hilarious lines and then using them in decidedly [in]appropriate social settings. Those were the days. I just saw the picture Bree put in here. I was very focused on accounting. A class that I do not like at all. I'm not doing well in it. Hmmmm.....well, I really want to see Limitless, because the movie was basically 100% my idea. I've been trying to design a way to be the best at everything I try. I don't like the old fashioned way of practice and study. Too time consuming. Swallowing a pill is good, though. I can do that every morning and still have time to catch up on the ESPN headlines. And then after taking the pill I'll go out and MAKE ESPN headlines of my own. In addition to all of this, I think Bradley Cooper is slowly (not very slowly) becoming the one dude on my man crush list. Pretty gay of me to admit, but I'm pretty sure my top 3 dudes on that list are Bradley Cooper, Justin Timberlake and Brad Pitt. My female celebrity 'list' consists of 1) Jennifer Aniston (of course. That should be a given on any person's list, male or female. It's like asking what the best fast food restaurant is. The obvious answer is In-N-Out, even if you are Melissa Sanders). 2) Reese Witherspoon and 3) Rachel McAdams. Obviously there is a number that is higher than 1, and that spot is occupied by my Angel, Breezy. It was her birthday today, but we're pretending like it wasn't, because she's been so sick. Okay, I'm going to let that be my full rant for tonight. Bree loves Family Guy. (I may have chuckled a few times, but that is because all of my sensible brain cells were burned today.)



5 comments:
Haha - thanks for the fun post :)
Glad to see you guys are doing well and Bree isn't already fed up with you. I was sick of you after 8 weeks. Poor girl.
it's about tiiiiime you two. love the first post. love you guys. FEEL BETTER BREE BREE!
Ha ha! You have finally done it! Official blogger and bloguette (pretty sure that's the proper term). I've wondered who would be the one to light the fire for our fam on this one. Maybe now I'll bite the bullet and jump on the bandwagon- if you know what I mean. Reminds me of "Hold That Ghost" 'It's a figure of speech!!' ;). I'm getting the impression any blogging of mine would ramble too much...
I love this! It is nice to hear and see what the two of you have been up to! I am sorry you are sick and I hope you feel better soon. I am glad that you had a good surprise, you definitely deserve it! And I am kinda in the same boat as Cory, pretty much all I watch is ESPN, NBA TV, and country music videos. Now that I have a TV, ESPN is pretty much all I watch! I can't wait to hear more of what the two of you are up to! Miss you guys and love you Bree! Oh and I want to know when you guys are going to be coming home next, I am ready to play some football! :)
yay! love the new blog! :) you two are great. can't wait to play soon.
Post a Comment