Cory is a
graduate of Brigham Young University! Go Cougs! He is a true
blue graduate and I am so proud of him.
 |
Such an attractive graduate!
It was a whirlwind of busy-ness leading up to it though. We started the week on Saturday with finals that went through to Thursday. We had to miss commencement that day, though, because of work. On Friday Cory got a little graduation present with the surprise appearance of my dad! He flew in on Wednesday night and stayed with Lindsey and Brooke in Salt Lake. It was so fun to watch Cory's reaction when he saw dad sitting with all of us in the Marriot Center. The convocation ceremony was long, but it was so awesome to watch him shake all the hands and walk away a graduate! My Uncle Rick and Aunt Di made the long drive from Idaho to be there for it all. They are so awesome and we are so grateful for their support! I can't say much about the support from his dad, who came all decked out in U of U red. Verrrryy funny. :) |
 |
| The graduate, me, dad, Mattick, Maia, Lindsey, Unc Rick, Aunt Di |
After the ceremony we
all (16 counting the babies) went back to our house and made a delicious french toast brunch, it was so nice and relaxing. After visiting, Cory had to go to work, so I got to hang out with my sisters, nephews, niece and daddy. It was so fun to round up some dinner and run errands together. That night we had people on the sofa bed, on the floor in the guest bedroom, and one on a blow up mattress in the dining room. And, of course, Cory and I were nice and cozy on our
king size bed. :) Saturday brought a morning run to the Y mountain and back for the three boys, Mike, Dad, and Cory. They got back just in time for some showers and last minute preparation for Cory's party!! This party had been on my mind for at least a month. I've had nightmares about the weather going
cold and snowy and dreams of
sunburned skin from time spent on the slip-n-slide. I checked the weather every hour and felt like I was on cloud nine when it showed 60 degrees and
sunny for about 3 days leading up to it. Then, all of a sudden, things went from cloud nine to to fog quick. Friday showed Saturday's weather as rainy and cold. My nightmares had come true! We decided to keep the event outside in hopes that the sun would break through like it had Friday, but to no avail. It didn't rain, which was nice, but it chilled me to the bone. It was so fun, though, to get together with friends and family members to celebrate such an awesome feat. A
big thanks to everyone who came, especially my cute cousins who came so close to breaking the pinata open! :) I'll have to post the videos of that later-so fun! I'm so
proud, and jealous, of Cory.
0 comments:
Post a Comment